So… BeForever has happened. There is officially no going back for American Girl. I got my catalog yesterday.
This will be a word-heavy post, folks. I’m linking to all the items so you can go straight to them!
Public Service announcement, all opinions are mine, I am not going to try to claim to know everything, I’m no expert, but I love my dolls.
I will only be highlighting new items from each doll’s collection. Cool?
1. Doll And Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2200)
I am loving having Samantha back! She is just SOOOO cute! Ahhh! And her dress is pink. I LOVE PINK!!!!!! PINKPINKPINK!!!!!! *faints*
2. Accessories (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243983/ctc/XSCOORD)
I like this… But the headband doesn’t make any sense to me. I’m loving the locket, though!
3. Ice Cream Parlor (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/244005/uid/1007)
This is ehhh… Cute, but $300 and easily crafted. Not a wish list item.
4. Frilly Frock (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243989/ctc/XSCOORD)
I LOVE THIS!!!! It is soooo pink and lacy and I love how shiny the boots are!!!!! Eeek! Yay!
5. Lacy Parasol (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/248918/uid/1008)
Definitely reused from NOLA, but I don’t mind, cuz it’s cute!
I actually like the bike. The style is just like my bike (mine is bronze though)!
7. Bike Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243985/ctc/XSCOORD)
Ehhh, this is okay. I love the shirt though!
FLUFFY! That’s about it on Jip.
This is CUTE CUTE CUTE! It’s so girly and makes me think of the bed in the books more than a brass bed.
10. Bed Accessories (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243997/uid/266)
Cute, but kind of expensive.
Love the gown itself. The color and style are adorable! But the shoes? I don’t like the pompoms on them 😦
12. Hairstyle Set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243999/ctc/XSCOORD)
Cute, but doesn’t make it onto the wish list. Sorry.
13. Fancy Coat (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243987/uid/1005)
Cute! Wish it came with the boots though.
14. Holiday Set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/243993/uid/1005)
I love this, and love that they brought back the plaid that was in her old meet dress but made it red like her old holiday dress. Just wish you could buy the outfit separately.
-Doll and Outfit
1. Doll and Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2182)
Okay, so this outfit couldn’t get more perfect! My parents even confirmed it: it’s authentically seventies!
2. Accessories (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246877/ctc/XSCOORD)
Authentic? Yes. Adorable? No.
EGG CHAIR EGG CHAIR EGG CHAIR!!! I love this and I WANT IT SO MUCH!
Cute, love the monkeys! But a bit expensive.
5. Tunic Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246925/ctc/XSCOORD)
Cute! I would totally wear those shoes 😛
6. Winter Coat and Hat (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246926/ctc/XSCOORD)
Let’s be honest: I want this.
7. Holiday Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246927/uid/494)
I’m on the fence about this outfit. The dress just seems a tad too… something.
-Meet Outfit ONLY
-Winter Coat and Hat
1. Doll and Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2186)
I would wear that dress. LOVE IT! Also loving Kit’s haircut 😉
2. Accessories (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246886/ctc/XSCOORD)
I would legit wear that hat!
3. Reporter Dress (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246934/ctc/XSCOORD)
Two words: POLKA DOTS! I love it!
4. Typewriter Set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246892/ctc/XSCOORD)
The writer in me is salivating. I love this soooo much!
5. Photo Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246935/ctc/XSCOORD)
American Girl, make this in girl size so I can wear it. I love it that much.
-Meet Outfit ONLY
1. Doll and Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2195)
Rebecca looks so good in purple. Why did AG even make that maroon dress? As my cousin who has Rebecca would say, “She just doesn’t look good in the maroon color, Shai.”
2. Accessories (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246894/ctc/XSCOORD)
THE HAT! It’s so squished and yay!
3. Director Set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246902/ctc/XSCOORD)
Once again, make that in girl size!
4. Teatime Traditions (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246915/ctc/XSCOORD)
This is just plain cool. Just cool.
5. Holiday Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246957/ctc/XSCOORD)
This is cute, but if you’re asking my opinion, I liked the old one better.
1. Doll and Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2197)
THIS DRESS IS SO PERFECT I AM GOING TO DIE OH MY GOSH *faints*
Really, I love this dress! Addy, love the new meet style. Not so sure about the new eyebrows, though.
2. Accessories (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246898/ctc/XSCOORD)
Cute.. But wouldn’t buy. The bonnet and necklace are too similar to the old ones (which I own) and the purse is easily sewn.
3. Crinoline and Chemise (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/248917/ctc/XSCOORD)
Once again, a NOLA reuse. But still loving it!
Her new hair set, which is blue instead of pink, is in the catalog but is yet to be on the AG website. I personally like the blue version better.
5. School Clothes (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246909/ctc/XSCOORD)
EEEK MY ADDY IS SO GETTING THIS!!!!!
Cute! And love the “love” cookies (which were in the old second book, “Addy Learns a Lesson”)
-Meet Outfit ONLY
Love the new skirt, how bright it is!
-the new skirt…haha!
#NOLAreuse But who cares, it’s been Caroline-ified!
Lucy needs this to be Cinderella. I love it!
1. Pow-Wow Hair Set (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/246896/uid/252)
Cute. But I wouldn’t get it. 😦
1. GIRL CLOTHES:
I love the new girl clothes! My faves of the new outfits are:
-Jacket and Jeggings Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2170)
-Ribbon Trim Sundress (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/item/id/247561)
-Garden Blooms Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2169)
-Fun Fringed Outfit (http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/html/set/id/2171)
I like the new novel format, but will miss the illustrations. Oh well! I am a huge fan of the Journey books though and will SO be getting Addy’s!
Okay, so the new minis are a mixed bag. The vinyl is.. interesting? And the stock pictures are… Bad? My faves are:
-Jacket and Jeggings Outfit
-Ribbon Trim Sundress
-Garden Blooms Outfit
-Fun Fringed Outfit
-Addy’s Journey Book
I actually really liked the new release! Nothing I hated, I loved tons of things…. It’s perfect!
I hope you didn’t die reading that insanely long post 😉 And have a happy Labor Day weekend!