(Here’s part one: https://dollsandthensome.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/friends-and-fashion-yes-you-can-part-one-and-some-awards/
Here’s part two: https://dollsandthensome.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/friends-and-fashion-yes-you-can-part-two-and-more-awards-2/)
Maggie as Abby
Lucy as Leslie
Addy as Marcia
Kaya as Simone
We were once again chilling at the house, just hanging out.
“I am SO excited about the beauty pageant,” Marcia said.
“It sounds like it’ll be fun,” Leslie added.
“Abby, how’s the dress coming?” Marcia asked.
“It isn’t,” I replied grimly.
“What do you mean, it isn’t?!? The pageant is in a week!” Marcia was upset.
“I haven’t had time to work on it. I have a life, you know,” I replied.
“I guess you care more about cello than your friends!” Marcia’s voice rose to a shout.
“Leave me alone,” I replied, now visibly upset.
“You said you would and you didn’t!”
“Mrow,” said the cat.
I ran out of the room…
And sat down on the ground, crying. This was horrible!
From the room, I heard Leslie say to Marcia, “Now you’ve done it.”
Later, I decided to go thrift shopping, since I knew it would make me feel better.
I kept on mumbling to myself, annoyed and upset.
“Excuse me,” said a girl, “Are you okay?”
“Yeah, just frustrated,” I said.
“I’m sorry,” said the girl, “I’m Simone. Do you want to talk about it?”
“Nice to meet you, Simone, I’m Abby.” And then I told her the whole story of the pageant and Marcia’s dress.
“That doesn’t sound like much fun,” Simone said, “But I have an idea. Why don’t you buy a nice dress, like a formal here, and then refashion it to be more… Marcia?”
“That’s a great idea! Thanks so much!”
“No problem. Hey, do you go to Vestige Arts School?” she asked, and when I nodded, “Cool! I guess I’ll see you there!”
I left the shop with the perfect dress. I could never thank Simone enough!
Hallo! Yep, finally got part three up 😀
I discovered something super awesome! My blog is on the “Blogs I Love!” page at Clara’s Craft Corner!!! WOOO!!! Check her out at https://clarascraftcorner.wordpress.com 😀
I also got the blogger recognition award AGAIN! And from Clara! So seriously, check her out! https://clarascraftcorner.wordpress.com
What to do: give two pieces of advice and also tell how your blog got started. Then nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
1. Only do what makes you happy. Don’t do posts just because they’re “popular” or something. Do what makes you smile 😀
2. It might seem like it does, but the number of followers honestly doesn’t matter. Like, I have 12 followers, but each and every one of them is like a million to me. They rock!
How my blog got started: Literally, I thought, “Hey look at the mega awesome doll bloggers! I could do that!”
1. Confessions of a Doll Collector’s Daughter (https://dollyconfessions.wordpress.com)
2. Dolly Dorm Diaries (http://dollydormdiaries.blogspot.com)
3. Once Upon a Doll Collection (http://onceuponadollcollection.blogspot.com)
4. Collecting Fashion Dolls by Terri Gold (http://terrigoldphoto.blogspot.com)
5. Dolldom (http://dolldom.blogspot.com)
6. Super Inky (http://www.superinky.com)
7. The Adventures of Steampunk Addie (http://steampunkaddie.blogspot.com)
8. The Fashion Doll Chronicles (http://fashiondollchronicles.blogspot.com)
9. Dolltastic (http://dolltastic.weebly.com)
10. Eleven Doll Stars Official Blog (http://www.innerstarag.blogspot.com)
11. Lissie and Lilly (http://lissieandlilly.blogspot.com)
12. Fashion Dolls at Van’s Doll Treasures (http://vansdolltreasures.blogspot.com)
13. A Cloth Doll Maker’s Diary (http://maryanntate.blogspot.com)
14. My Froggy Stuff (http://myfroggystuff.blogspot.com)
15. Doll Makers Muse (http://dollmakersmuse.blogspot.com)
Sparkle, shine, and stay positive!!!
Love y’all, Shai